What you eat can make a difference.
Nutrition Services at LCP Health are provided by a Registered Dietitian.
Our Registered Dietitians provide medical nutrition therapy through one-to-one counselling for all age groups.The goal of medical nutrition therapy is to promote healthy eating, well-being, and help individuals manage a variety of chronic health conditions such as heart disease, digestive issues, food allergies or intolerances. Your initial visit will take about 90 minutes and the dietitian will ask you about your food choices and eating pattern, medical history, blood work, medications and vitamin/mineral/herbal supplements and health goals. The goal is to work with you to develop an individual nutrition plan through education, meal planning and goal setting.
When should you see a Registered Dietitian?
To discuss medical nutrition therapy as it relates to:
- Chronic health conditions: heart disease, gout, osteoporosis, liver disease, etc.
- Digestive issues: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, etc.
- Safe weight loss
- Improve athletic performance
- Tube feeding at home
- Food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
- Feeding children: picky eaters, poor growth